Welcome to BEEFukuda Specimen Database Based on the Bee Collection Mainly Collected in Hokkaido, Japan by Dr. Hiromi Fukuda !
A database BeeFukuda is a specimen database based on the bee collection mainly collected in Hokkaido, Japan by Dr. Hiromi Fukuda. The collection was donated to the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University. Dr. Fukuda studied and collected bees in Hokkaido University with Dr. Shoichi F. Sakagami and constructed a vast collection. His collection will be great important for faunal change related to global warming in the future. The total number of specimens at present is 49,671 (September 20, 2009). Each record consists of 19 items according to a format of the Darwin Core of the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF), such as scientific name, country, collecting locality, collecting date, collector, etc.
The related bee database files are as follows:
HANABACHI（Image database based on the Japanese bees）
TABR（Reference database based on troipical Asian bees）
ELKUType（Type specimen database based on the collection preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University）
BeeELKU（Bee specimen database based on the collection preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University, except for Prof. Tadauchi’s foreign collections）
BeeCAsia（Bee specimen database based on the collection collected in Central Asia by the Kyushu University Expedition）
BeeFTadauchi（Bee specimen database based on Prof. Tadauchi’s collection collected in foreign countries）
JBeeBOL（Bee specimen database based on the specimens used for DNA barcoding）
The BeeFukuda is managed by a text database management system SIGMA.
The BeeFukuda file is supported by a Grant-in-Aid for Publication of Scientific Research Results (Head Investigator: Osamu Tadauchi) and a Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research(A) (Head Investigator: Osamu Tadauchi) from the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, and a Grant-in-Aid for Biodiversity Database from Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) (Head Investigator: Osamu Tadauchi).
The use of data in this database is free of charge if the objective is academic study or educational purposes.
- Search BeeFukuda database
- How to Use
- Items of Data
- Example of a record
- Publications, Manuals and Explanations
- Copyright Notice
- Inquiries and Comments
Data and Tags are the Following 19 items.
|2.||(DATE)||Date Last Modified|
|6.||(BR)||Basis of Record|
|14.||(AU)||Scientific Name Author|
|19.||(REL)||Relation Type (associated plants)|
|Date Last Modified||2010. 02. 28|
|Scientific Name||Andrena (Trachandrena) haemorrhoa japonibia|
|Basis of Record||S|
|Scientific Name Author||Hirashima, 1957|
|Relation Type (associated plants)|
Tadauchi, O., C. Hirosawa, H. Inoue, T. Sugimoto, R. Murao, N. Takahashi, S. Sato, K. Mitai and Y. Hara, 2009. Specimen database AIIC, Asian insect information center database, based on types and normal specimens collected in Asia and the Pacific Area, Part 1. Esakia, (49): 1-5.
Entomology Database Project Group (Head: O. Tadauchi, Editors: O. Tadauchi,, C. Hirosawa, System administrator: H. Inoue, Y. Hara) holds the copyright on the entomology database BeeFukuda.
Inquiries and Comments about BeeFukuda should be the following E-mail Address.
Faculty of Agriculture,
Japan E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Asian Insect Information Center (AIIC)
Type specimen database
- ELKUType (Type specimen database based on the collection preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University)
- TachikawaType (Dr. Tachikawa’s parasitic wasp type collection donated to Kyushu University)
- M.ChujoType (Dr. M.Chujo’s Coleoptera Type Collection Donated to Kyushu University)
- Bee specimen database based on the collection preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University, except for Prof. Tadauchi’s foreign collection (BeeELKU)
- Bee specimen database based on collection of Central Asia by the Kyushu University Expedition (BeeCAsia)
- Bee specimen database based on Prof. Tadauchi’s collection collected from foreign countries (BeeFTadauchi)
- Specimen database based on the Parasitic Wasp Collection Preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University (ProctELKU)
- Coleoptera specimen database based on Dr. Hiroyuki Sasaji’s collection (COLSasaji)
- Specimen database based on the Coleoptera collection collected in Kumamoto Prefecture, Kyushu by Mr. Isao Otsuka (COLOtsuka)
- Specimen database based on the Coleoptera collection preserved in the Laboratory of Environmental Entomology, Ehime University (COLEUMJ)
- Specimen database Based on the Rescued Damaged Specimens of the Rikuzen-Takata City Museum in Iwate Prefecture (RDS)
- Specimen database based on the Aphids prepared slide collection by Dr. Magoshiro Moritsu (APHIDMoritsu)